bankruptcy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bankruptcy ?

when someone files bankruptcy does it come out in the local paper ?

No, but foreclosure does.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Actually it depends, I've read about some communities where BK filings are published in the local paper. But if this is your concern, you should be able to resolve it easy enough by buying your local paper everyday for one week and try to find them. Or call your local paper and ask if they publish bk filings.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Does it matter? Those who know you, know your character, those who don't, don't matter. Be not ashamed as what has happened to you is a business decision and is personal business. I' proud of my bk and if it has to be, shows superior thought and lack of self ego, and increase in self respect as you realize your fall and now will be stronger for the lessons it will teach. I've never been asked about mine, but I HAVE volunteered the fact if I thought it to help another. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

In some districts, your bankruptcy filing will be listed in the local paper. I would not worry about it though, filing bk is a public record which can be found or accessed by anybody. Self acceptance of your situation without feeling shame about it is part of the bk healing process.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by justme87 View Post
            when someone files bankruptcy does it come out in the local paper ?
            Have you personally seen a friend or acquaintance's name listed in the paper for bankruptcy?
            Have you investigated someone you know to see if they've filed bankruptcy?
            If not, then other people probably won't see yours.
            Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
            Attended 341 September 2010
            Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
              Have you personally seen a friend or acquaintance's name listed in the paper for bankruptcy?
              Have you investigated someone you know to see if they've filed bankruptcy?
              If not, then other people probably won't see yours.
              Just keepin' it real. LOL. Never thought of it that way.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X