No announcement yet.

Trying to understand this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of our (my husband and I) credit card debt is from "making" Christmas for my whole family the past 3 years. I've bought gifts for people to give to people and ALOT of gifts for my niece. This is the first year we're not doing that, and ya know? I'm ok with it.

My parents have a bike w/ training wheels (I think my mom picked it up this summer at a garage sale) that's kinda dirty and trashed that we're going to fix and jazz up so that we can give it to my (almost) 3 year old niece for Christmas.
    My husband and I found a new drill set in the trunk of my car that we forgot to return to the store over a year ago (Don't have receipt, it's been a year, plus it was only $9) that we're going to gift to someone.
    I'm going to buy some cheap frames and put pictures of our daughter in them for my mother-in-law.
    I'm putting away a tiny bit of money each paycheck so that I can buy my husband the videogame he wants.
    My daughter will only be 11 months, so luckily she won't know what she's missing. If she wasn't though.... I'm with tyson24. I would rather not buy anything for anyone else and not have too much to eat before I would let my children miss out on the wonder of Christmas. I got to experience it so who I am to make my children pay for MY mistakes and not let them experience it?

You figure out how to get by and buy cheap or find things to gift to people.
    Hopefully by next year we'll have quite a bit saved up so that we won't have to even think about it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X