top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have my creditors already charged me off??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have my creditors already charged me off??

I filed for bk not too long ago -- the end of October, specifically.

I have Equifax credit monitoring and most of my credit cards (not all of them) are already reporting a balance of "$0", "Included in bankruptcy," and "Closed."

I fully expected the account statuses to be changed to "closed," but it appears to me the creditors have already charged off the accounts, despite the fact that my 341 meeting hasn't even been held yet and a discharge hasn't been granted... any insight?
    Bazinga!

Just noway to tell. It depends on your creditors internal policy.
    FDIC reg 5000 requires them to chargeoff a revolving accout {credit card} after 180 days of default. It's within 120 days for closed end accounts like auto loans.
    Some creditors have a policy of charging off an account once it no longer meets their credit granting criteria. Filing bk is one of those criteria.

Comment

why does it matter if it's charged off? you'd still owe but since you filed you wont't any longer.
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

mrbrown, same thing here. Most of my revolving accounts showed IIB, 0$ and closed a couple weeks after filing. I think it means those creditors just wrote it off and have no intention of bringing any objection to the table.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
          why does it matter if it's charged off? you'd still owe but since you filed you wont't any longer.
          Yes, and if you don't file some company that bought the debt can come after you.
          Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X