USAA Children's Pre-paid debit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAA Children's Pre-paid debit card

I went to check my accounts at USAA and noticed that they took the rest of the money from my children's pre-paid debit cards. At least it wasn't very much money. I have only missed 1 payment to them.

Does anyone know if they will cancel my auto insurance once I file? I want to be pre-emptive and get new insurance if I need to.

Thanks!

Lynda

This is odd to me. I missed many months of payments towards many different products and they never offset with my deposit accounts. In fact I am still using those checking accounts to pay bills for products I did NOT BK on them. (I did move my direct deposit to another bank just to make certain though)

As far as insurance I read here that they used to do that. Recently I have read in this forum that they haven't.

THey are so nice in customer service, I am considering calling them. Am told they have a BK department to answer our specific questions.

Good luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    8/10 - began researching bk, 9/10 - stopped paying ccs, 10/10 - paid atty fees, 11/10 - filed c7 - over median income , 12/22 - 341, 12/23/ - no distribution

Comment

USAA is not a credit union. They are a Federal Savings Bank.

I specifically called USAA to ask if they cross-collateralize. They don't. I am sure they still have the right of "set-off" though. I just checked and they haven't touched the $50 in my checking account even though I am just now close to missing my second payment with them.

That is odd about the pre-paid debit cards. Did they have an expiration date by any chance?
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

@BankruptRule:

We really weren't talking about how great debit cards are for kids. Your answer had nothing to do with the OP's question at all.

If you are answering just so you can have posts as advertisements, that is against TOS.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X