Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone bought a house post BK?

Greetings everyoe and happy holidays!

Another hour spent looking though the forum and learning, in preparation for filing in April of 2011, after our second child is born.

A few years ago, I lost my home to foreclosure, and have been fantasizing about someday being able to own a home again that I can take care and improve. "Pride of Ownership."

Aside from not being to afford the minimum payments on the credit cards any longer, one of the reasons my wife and I also decided to file for BK was so that that can pursue the right path, put this all behind us, live within our means, and hopefully, SOMEDAY, purchase a house our little kids will be able to run around in.

So is it possible? I've heard of the autos purchased shortly after BK, but a house? - -Or am I dreaming?

Thanks to all, and again - - Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

From everything I've read -- it's three years from the date of your foreclosure and two years from bankruptcy.

We just filed, but we've got two properties the banks have yet to start foreclosure proceedings on. Loving the free rent right now, but part of me wishes they would hurry up so I can get my three year time clock ticking.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X