No announcement yet.

Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacey, I went through this roller coaster of emotions, too. Congrats on your filing!

Comment

Thank you. I feel so guilty and ashamed, and I'm wondering when/if that will ever go away. I can't handle the debt, but I sure don't like this feeling. I wish I could sit back with some object I bought on credit and at least be able to say "Ha! I got this great thing without paying for it, and that's why it's all worth it!"...not the case when you're not sure where that money went!
      Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

I had carried a balance on credit cards for over 25 years, and all it got me in the long run was a terrible "mountain of debt." I am just very grateful for this second chance, that maybe I can start doing things right.

Comment

We live in a small town also, and for that reason, picked our attorney off in Internet list for attorneys in a bigger town 60 miles away. We did this because several of the local attorneys were notorious for meeting at the local hotel's bar after hours. We were afraid that in spite of the 'attorney-client' privilege, our business might come up.

In retrospect, I wish we had picked the local BK attorney, who is both very highly regarded, and a panel trustee. We would have been a lot better prepared and better off with our case. But, oh well, things happen for a reason.

As far as people gossiping about you: we endured the attentions of a cyberstalker for nearly nine years. He made it his business to ruin our reputations, our careers, our marriage, and our health. We could not get any law enforcement agency to take action, and the laws have not kept up in the ability to handle these types of bullies who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet to do their dirty work.

I have digressed a bit. I am pleased that you did file. It WILL get better, and you WILL feel better soon. Good luck.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Don't feel like crap. I went through the same thing. Actually, it's been over a year since I filed. I know it was the best decision for us. I know it was the right decision. I still cringe when I think the topic may come up in a group of people. I still haven't really talked to anyone about it. It's not something I care to advertise. I suppose if someone asked me about it I would give them an honest answer. I just don't feel like voluntarily bringing it up though. I work in finance. Filing bankruptcy doesn't make me look good.

I still don't regret it though. The day we had our 341 meeting was one of the best feelings of relief I had ever experienced. Anyone who wants to judge me for that can kiss it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X