Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7

Just curious anybody here file bankruptcy twice? I'am afraid I will be doing so in a month or so, any feedback? I have say I feel absolutely terrible about it?

We are looking at the possibility of filing for a second time as well . I don't want to but I honestly see no other way out at this point. The first time my hubby got burned we were young and dumb. He had a 50k a year job took another job that was supposed to be a moderate pay level decrease (about 12k) that turned into a 23k decrease in pay.........ugghhh. This time he had a good job making 50 ish a year plus bonus averaged out to be as much as 75k we lived within our means our bills were paid on time all the time and then recession. His 75k a year job turned back into a 50k a year job and OUCH 25k pay cut in one year. Now he is at a new job and down to about 40 k a year. We've lost basically half our income in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladysw View Post
      Just curious anybody here file bankruptcy twice? I'am afraid I will be doing so in a month or so, any feedback? I have say I feel absolutely terrible about it?
      How long ago was your bk, and was it a 7?

Originally posted by pavlikclan View Post
      We are looking at the possibility of filing for a second time as well . I don't want to but I honestly see no other way out at this point. The first time my hubby got burned we were young and dumb. He had a 50k a year job took another job that was supposed to be a moderate pay level decrease (about 12k) that turned into a 23k decrease in pay.........ugghhh. This time he had a good job making 50 ish a year plus bonus averaged out to be as much as 75k we lived within our means our bills were paid on time all the time and then recession. His 75k a year job turned back into a 50k a year job and OUCH 25k pay cut in one year. Now he is at a new job and down to about 40 k a year. We've lost basically half our income in two years.
      Also, if you are working at all, feel fortunate for what you have. BK before should have addressed your senses about all the easy credit available. Now this house of cards is coming down and I fear it will get worse before better. Is there anyway at all you both can eek it out and get equal with income and outgo? I think the bk system may make it a little more difficult as a second timer, but if you have no reasonable way out, you won't be alone in this economy. What is going FOR you is the fact that we are in record making bk's due to this economy.

I wish I could say something more to aid you both, but it is difficult to fix emotions and I know you both feel badly about repeating an error. Remember you are among friends here and use our wonderful Forum as a resource even for remorse. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We filed twice. We were discharged under a Ch 7 in 2002 and then had to file again recently. There were others at our 341 hearing who were also second-timers. The trustee didn't even blink; PACER showed No Distribution the same day as our hearing.

We never thought we would be back in this situation, but sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. In our case, it was major unexpected medical bills, several huge repairs to our previous home, and a job loss. Before we filed this time, I was so stressed out that I ended up in the hospital. I finally had to realize that a second BK is better than a heart attack.
        Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Hi i'am the one that posted that this will be the 2nd filing. Our first filing was over 11 years ago and it was 7, so I know we qualify again. First time was for being young and stupid, it did not really hurt us so I guess we did not learn. We were able to buy a car and get more credit card VERY EASILY, not exaggerating at all, VERY EASY!. This time was because of Jobe loss, so it is more legit, but still feel bad to do this again. It is just to easy to get into credit card debt, Society does not make it easy in a lot of ways. We were planning to pay them as long as we had jobs, not planning on filing Bankruptcy again, bue here we are

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            How long ago was your bk, and was it a 7?

Also, if you are working at all, feel fortunate for what you have. BK before should have addressed your senses about all the easy credit available. Now this house of cards is coming down and I fear it will get worse before better. Is there anyway at all you both can eek it out and get equal with income and outgo? I think the bk system may make it a little more difficult as a second timer, but if you have no reasonable way out, you won't be alone in this economy. What is going FOR you is the fact that we are in record making bk's due to this economy.

I wish I could say something more to aid you both, but it is difficult to fix emotions and I know you both feel badly about repeating an error. Remember you are among friends here and use our wonderful Forum as a resource even for remorse. 'Hub
            No there is nothing more we can do. He's lost to much in pay for us to do much more than pay our regular monthly bills, and his other legally obligated debt (that will remain after bk). We can't afford to pay ANYTHING on our unsecured debt which is really nothing about 20 k total around 5k of that is medical debt. We weren't grossly irresponsible, just short sighted I guess. We were living WELL within our means until the economy took a massive dump. We've expended all of our resources trying to not file again. We have nothing left.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X