Retained an attorney today...Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retained an attorney today...Update

So we went to meet with an attorney today, I have meet him before in a public setting, and I remember liking him then, so we actually had a chance to sit down and talk today.

I felt good about the meeting, he explained a lot, he had answers to all of my questions, he seems like a no nonsense kind of guy, got right to the point, this is how it's going to go, this is how the trustee views you at the 341, don't say anything stupid I personally like that personality, no BS just a stright shooter.

He has about 40 years experiance, is liscensed in PA, and NY, his office was not fancy at all, which actually made me feel better. His fee's were very reasonable, I paid a $150 retainer fee, and he said all creditors can call his office from this point forward.

He stated we are going to be a ch.13 because of high income which we already figured...however he did say a few good things,
    (1) He does not see this as a 100% payback plan (we were told by another less experianced attorney that we would be 100% pay back)
    (2) He also mentioned 36 month plan, not sure how he would pull that off as we now owe close to 100k in unsecured.
    (3) He said we don't have any real assets or equity in our home so that will help us.
    (4) He recommended a 722 redemption for our new auto loan 2011 Hyundai Sonata (so I applied) not sure about all that yet, if you have any insight on this let me know.
    (5) He said I have been doing my homework and I know a fair amout of what is going on Thanks to you guys!!!

I sat with the paralegal and went over the paper work, that was the worst part, it is going to take forever...but I have to get it done because I have a suit against me from Chase Bank and he said when I get the 10 day letter, I will have just that 10 days, so we gotta move, agree? or disagree? He mentioned some stall taticts but I think we need to just get on with this.

He told me not to reaffirm any debts, I did ask about that because I was unclear on what that meant, he explained and said he does not advise it, and it also costs the client additional fee's (that would be me) that he felt are unnecessary. That made me feel like at least he seemed to care, and was upfront.

I guess I am going to trust my gut, any advise or comments you would like to offer would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance all

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X