No announcement yet.

Another DMI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pre bankruptcy planning was very poor, but at the time, BK wasn't the plan, surviving was, so in order to try to pay cc, mortgage, utilities, food, daycare, etc, we did anything we could, my husband got a part time job (which took up over median even more), I lowered the deductible on our homeowners insurance to save, took insurance off of our ATVs (that we never ride), stopped making 401 K contributions, called every utility to cut what I could to bare minimum to save there, took forebearance for a few months on a student loan, you name it, I cut it where I could. Then, I had a pay cut, my daycare expenses doubled and there you have it, so I guess what I'm trying to say is if you know you are going to file, don't live at bare minimum, as that will bring up your DMI and bite you. As far as 401K loan/pay back. My employer was supposed to take out payments in 2008 after a took a 401K loan, they never did, I would tell them, you need to take XX out each pay, well after more than a year or more, they finally start taking out $70 a month, this was back in March, 2010, so great, they are doing what they should, better late than never, since this loan has to be paid off in 5 years or it will be in default, if they did the right thing, it would have been paid off next month. So, on a whim, I checked on line, my 401K which I never do because, I don't really have anything in there except the loan and the payment they "should" have been making would show, like a couple hundred dollars. What a surprise I got when I saw they have made NO payments on my loan, nothing. Of course I called and still haven't heard back. So in the end, they are making interest off of my money and I am losing, not getting my 401K loan paid. I just don't get it. I'll be honest, I didn't have to jump into BK as quick as I did, I could have let my cc's go longer and waited and planned, but I didn't know better, plus I work from home on production, the calls were interferring with my work.
    Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X