No announcement yet.

Hearing back from Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont disconnect your home phone - unplug it yes, but dont disconnect it. Reason being is for you to reconnect (should that be your intention) many providers run a credit check regardless if you were a past client in good standing or not. That may mean a security deposit equal to XX months.

As to your attorney's office - while you've paid some $ to him (is $1K his retainer fee?) - more than likely they are waiting until you decide its time to file since you state you have to wait for income to fall off. There is no reason to do all the paperwork that must be done now since it will all have to be redone once your income drops. Until that time comes, you're pretty much going to have to wait until you're able.

Comment

A suggestion... you seem to be the type of person who requires a quick response to your communication requests. While it's important for an attorney to return calls, some are more timely than others. You seem to have a high degree of anxiety (understandably) that would do better with an attorney who will hold your hand a bit. Nothing wrong with that, different people require different approaches. This is a long process and anything that will make it easier on you is a good thing. You could lay things out on the table with the current attorney, tell him you realize he's busy but you really need someone who will return calls or emails within X amount of days. Ask him honestly if he can do that for you. If not, move on with no hard feelings. You have to do what's best for you financially AND emotionally.
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

You're quite right discombob1 - but I just got served re my lawsuit today, and I really don't think I can sit here for a few weeks with no contact with the atty until next appointment...at this rate I'll get garnished before anything gets done...and then I won't have an issue with bkpcy, as I won't have a job.

THanks so much to all for the replies. BUT this weekend I'm going to fax them the lawsuit...

BUT - I think things are too urgent, gone down too far to change lawyers - besides I don't think I can get my $$ back, which means then I can't pay bills again or afford an atty.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X