top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Wait to File! Finished...Just wanted to share (Warning -- Long Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your discharge. I agree with not waiting. I made the mistake of having my tax refund direct deposited last year. It went into my bank account the same day I bought a laptop. oops! I waited a year to save that $960 only to have a good chance of loseing my $1540 tax refund this year.

Dont wait. You are dealing with imperfect information. Your filing is not going to be perfect as far as keeping every little thing. The only really bad out come is a dismissal or failure to discharge. Do it correctly, get it done and move on.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Good for you.

Comment

Great post!!!
        I to waited to long; had over $88,000 in Creidt Card Dedt; noting else!!!
        Wish I would have done this sooner...

Comment

Hi corinn69 Congratulations, thanks for sharing because it gives me hope to see light at the end of the tunnel..It took us 1 year to realized that we have to file for bankruptcy after judgement on one of our investment property plus credit card debts,we filed on feb. 2010 was confirmed march 2011, our home and car payment are included on the chapter 13 .Before our confirmation my parents came in as immigrant so my household expenses increased , w/ 3 kids though were both working its hard to keep up w/ the payments. Our Lawyer does not want to modify the plan since i agree to let my parents stay w/ me voluntarily .Also we found out we have a sinkhole on our home so we decided to give it up and our lawyer filed for motion to remove the house payment,still waiting for the decision though.
          We do not qualify for chapter 7 because of our income,what if i stop working so we can qualify for chapter 7 ??? since were giving up the house, our household increase from 5to 7 persons .Does anybody have experience /feedback on this situation..Thanks in advance

Comment

Excellent read. Thank you for sharing. I hope your story inspires and gives people hope.
            Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Great post.
              Glad to hear it all worked out well for you. Enjoy your new debt free life!!!!
              Filed CH 7 4/15/11
              341 5/23/11
              DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've just decided to file for bankruptcy and I'm feeling kinda like the lone wolf so here I am reading others experiences with bankruptcy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X