Household size determination Western Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household size determination Western Washington

Can anyone help me to determine how household size is calculated in Western Washington? I have heard conflicting information from different attorneys and I have no idea how to proceed. I have search through this forum, but haven't seen anything directly relating to Western Washington.

In my case, I live with my fiance, 1 child in common and 2 of her children. On top of that, I have one child who lives with us who is 20 and works a part time job and goes to school part time. Can this be considered a household of 6? My fiance currently has no income and I pay for all expenses.

My current attorney, who I am now realizing does not seem as knowledgeable as I once thought, feels that I can only claim a household size of 2 or perhaps 3 since we are not married. I am set to see another attorney on Monday to see if I can get another opinion, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone here has any experience with this.

Thx
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to have been married to the anti-christ for 16 years"

My understanding is that you can claim all of them but then everyone's income that contributes to the household is included. You would claim a household of 6 but the part time income of the 20 year old might be counted as to the amount that she contributes to household expenses.

People often DON'T do this when the other person's income would push them over the median, but in your case, you are supporting the entire family. You would claim a household of 6 (assuming she has custody of her children) but then any child support she receives would be included in the proper category and income of the 20 year old included properly.

Comment

Originally posted by enuffznuff View Post
      My understanding is that you can claim all of them but then everyone's income that contributes to the household is included. You would claim a household of 6 but the part time income of the 20 year old might be counted as to the amount that she contributes to household expenses.

People often DON'T do this when the other person's income would push them over the median, but in your case, you are supporting the entire family. You would claim a household of 6 (assuming she has custody of her children) but then any child support she receives would be included in the proper category and income of the 20 year old included properly.
      I just hired a new attorney fired my old attorney for lack of response and his demonstration of poor knowledge in bankruptcy. My new attorney informed me that it is in fact treated as the number of people living in my household. She also said that my son's p/t income is nothing to worry about because he is a college student and his p/t income amounts to hardly anything.
      "It is better to have loved and lost than to have been married to the anti-christ for 16 years"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X