top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have to close bank acct - please help with question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to close bank acct - please help with question!!!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place...I'm having to close a bank acct - which will be closed anyway because I owe about 400 to line of credit attached to checking acct - but I have to close it today because of (totally bankruptcy unrelated) UNAUTHORIZED checks passed and paid by the bank! They're going to have me fill out forms and close the account today or tomorrow. There's no money in it.

Is this going to be a problem?

I have another checking acct that I'm using as I owe that place NOTHING - only have a checking acct and NOTHING ELSE with that bank.

So am ok to close this acct so close to filing? By the way, balance is MINUS 134...nothing withdrawn etc from that....

Yes, it is perfectly ok to close it. After all, you're not hiding assets - there aren't any in that account.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      Yes, it is perfectly ok to close it. After all, you're not hiding assets - there aren't any in that account.
      A trillion thanks! NO there's nothing there -134 balance...I really hate losing this bank...they came to my job to fill out new account form, affidavit etc. to get rid of new account...sigh...oh well.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Comment

ONE THOUGHT!!

Are there any check copies you need to make from the online access for this account for your BK expenses? These things tend to be very difficult and expensive to obtain once an account is closed with a balance.

Good luck!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
          ONE THOUGHT!!

Are there any check copies you need to make from the online access for this account for your BK expenses? These things tend to be very difficult and expensive to obtain once an account is closed with a balance.

Good luck!!
          Thank you!!!!!!!!! - just thought about that - I dowloaded 1 year of bank statement (well online printout) checks from these I can remember easily...bills...nothing but bills, mostly ACH's so it states what it is...deposits to/from other accounts...funny...about a year ago I overdrew it for over a month...thought they'd close me - NOPE. BUT in my panic I opened TWO other accounts - why two? Neither did it online, so I wound up with 2 other accounts...tried to save by having some part of pay and some of my PT jobs go into the other accounts...didn't work - each payday I would wind up depositing from the 2 accounts into this one...oh well. Check copies...hmm...I hope they won't want things going back months...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X