5 more days til discharge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 more days til discharge!!

So glad we're almost at the end of this long road!! Wish I had done it a year earlier -- like so many others, my 401K would still have an additional $20K in it and I wouldn't be paying back on this 401K loan now for another four years -- but you know what they say about hindsight. Toughest part was admitting we had to do this and give up our home. But doing so has given us so much freedom in making decisions for the future. My husband has an opportunity to get a MUCH better job now that we are free to move without worrying about selling a house that is $100K underwater. Still trying for it - and won't know for another year -- but it's nice to have choices now and not feel trapped.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

AAAHHHHH, I love to hear your story. Lemonade out of lemons. We too have lost a large fortune, but we gained freedom from "things" and happiness. We learned a whole lot more about what really is important in life. Grats to you and the hamster shall dance your victory. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X