How can we stretch it out 3 more mos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can we stretch it out 3 more mos?

Checked court site yesterday and 1 local JDB already filed complain few days ago. So we guess by early May they will send out summon.
    Is there anyway we can do to stretch it out until Aug and file 13??? We need at least 3 more mos to get everythings ready.
    Can We just hire a bk atty and ask if they can do something now and file in Aug? Or just spend some $$ and answer it by ourself? (my wife won't like to answer by herself).
    Please let me know
    Thanks

Three months is really not that long of a stretch.

Answer the complaint by yourself (plenty of guidance on this forum and elsewhere on the web) and that buys you several more weeks. With that you should be in late June or early July.

If you're serious about filing in August, I don't see a problem coming your way.

My $0.02...

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Thank you. We are sure to file in aug. But everytime we answer, the court charge a couple hundreds right? Thats what I see on every case that defendent answer. Because we have 2 more complains coming from the same local jdb.

Comment

That really depends on your state. Some courts charge a fee, and some don't.

Good luck.
        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Here, they charge $223 to answer!!! (district)

Comment

If it's $223 to actually answer a complaint (and not file a counter suit which would be different) than I wouldn't waste the money. Once they file you'll have time to answer, then the creditor will file a motion for a summary judgment. It should take 20-30 days before they could even begin to collect.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X