Social Security direct express card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security direct express card

Ok, I got one of those social security direct express cards (Comerica Bank)
    I sure would like to hear from some other posters how they like or dislike the card.
    I tried using it at the gas pump. No deal. Must go inside to enter pin number.
    Tried calling the customer service number. I am wondering if they employ any real people there.
    I do like the fact that they send my i Phone a message right before a deposit is being made.
    I tried using it on line twice and was a no go. Once to pay my electric bill and once at amazon.com. ( maybe I am doing something wrong)
    However it does work with no problem at all ATM machines. Also, I see no chance of a creditor getting their hands on these funds. Its a special account and can not be co-mingled with other accounts or funds. I am sure someone will let me know about this.

Dylan I ordered one of these cards for my son's SSD check, I am his payee. WHAT A HASSLE! First off, I didn't realize that by just ordering it I was activating it and sending his check to it the next month. Then, I went to pay his mortgage, electric, gas, trash, water, etc. ...couldn't use it. He doesn't need it to get cash off of it because it all goes to bills. So I went to the bank to get the cash off of it... wouldn't go thru. It was denied twice, then I finally had to figure out I needed to try a different bank. Frustrated! Canceled the card, then jumped thru 20 hoops to get his money back on auto deposit to the bank account, with two trips to the SS office. Never again. Good luck to you, sounds like it will be fine for what you need it for!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X