Bankruptcy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy Question

Hello! My husband and I purchased our home in 2006. We are both on the mortgage loan. My mother lives with us..she is on the deed, but NOT on the mortgage loan. She does not contribute any money and has her own income and bills. Will this be an issue when we go to file bk?

In March of this year, we were given a loan modification for our mortgage loan and during that process, the fact that my mom lives with us was a non issue (per the bank)..but I just want to know what we are up against. Will we have to claim her income even though she does not contribute anything? (She is NOT considered our dependent and has her own seperate taxes as well).

Thank You.

I don't see an issue regarding your mother being on the deed as long as she's not on the mortgages, as you said. I also don't see why you'd have to include your mother's income in your filing since she's not contributing anything (and if she were, you'd only have to account for what she contributed). I do urge you to retain a qualified bankruptcy attorney in your area; local practices vary a lot.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X