New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

I'm here to recieve some help on bankruptcy. I will need to file a chapter7. never did this, and, ashamed. scared out of my mind! I've been reading alot of what other people have gone thru. Its really overwhelming to say the leasts! I will definitely lean on all of you to help me emotionally.

Welcome to the forum. You have found the right place for information and moral support.

If you will tell us a little bit about yourself and situation, then the members can start making suggestions!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Relax and know that you're on the right path. We all felt like you do when we got started, but there are better days ahead!
      Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Do not be ashamed. We/I are in our later years, once worth on paper 10 Mil, and lost near 200 grand that finally turned our life around. It is a business decision and you will hear this a lot, as it is so. You are not here to please other people but to heal yourselves. Disregard your pride and put in place 'wisdom'. For you, this may be a new start to a whole new World as it was for us.

Bk is not easy and it will become for you stressful, as well as at times frustrating. Get your 'ducks in a row' and read all the "stickies" on the bk that applies to you is you know. I will assume a C7. It is the easiest if you have little assets (normal average people) as it gives you 100% new start.

You must supply more info on your personal situations. Do not worry, you are anonymous and do not give any numbers or stuff like that away. First your salaries and job statuses, and your debt, and what was the final straw, and stuff like that. We will share advice, experience, and information, but nothing legal by law. That is for your lawyer.

Welcome again. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yes, this forum is a godsend! Great support from others who have come through it and have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. Don't know what I would have done if I didn't have this forum as an important resource that helped us tremendously before, during and after our BK. We are post BK and can honestly say it was the best business decision for us, life does get much better after BK. But I know the worry and stresses before, but get everything ready and get it done, you won't regret it!
          Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
          Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
          DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge and 'hub helps so much on here, as do many others, so listen to our advice, and you too shall get thru these times. Holla at us anytime, and we'll do our best to give advice, in the meantime, hang in there, you'll get thru it. you'll doubt this at times, as i did myself, but you will!
            Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

Welcome - if I may add - there are MANY wonderful people here - I would have literally been (more) at wits end without this place...honestly, I don't know what I would have done without the many wonderful and KNOWLEDGEABLE people here!!!!

BEST WISHES TO YOU!

Comment

WELCOME! This Forum is an absolute Godsend....I have learned more here than from my attorney. BK is very stressful, it's great to know that there are MANY people out there going through the same thing. On this Forum you are free to be open, there's no shame here, just a wealth of knowledge.
                Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X