Pacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer Question

I've got a friend in Florida who filed C7 at the end of March and had her 341 last week.
    I've also encouraged her to get an account on PACER---but she hasn't had time to set
    it up---so with her permission---I'm checking it for her right now

What I found is an original indication that the last date for objections is July 11---
    since the 341 was on 5/12.There is now an entry that says "the trustee hereby gives
    notcie of recovery of assets in the instant bankrupty case.The Trustee respectfully
    requests that the Clerk set a claims bar date and give notice of need to file proofs of
    claims to all creditors and parties in interest---and proofs of claims are due by 8/15."

Now---has her case been extended from 7/11 to 8/15?There is also something about
    a BNC certificate of mailing.

Both of her classes are done---and she is an asset case---since she's buying her
    car back from the trustee---it just works better for her.Her house went into foreclosure
    and she's included it in the C7---along with a HELOC---and two fairly low credit cards.

Can anyone comment on the discrepancies in the above dates?

The last date for objections to her exemptions is still on the 60th day post 341. The new bar date is the last date creditors have to file claims for unsecured debt. Once that date is reached, the trustee will then do the accounting where he will determine what amount each of the creditors who files claims will get from the asset distribution. Creditors who don't file claims by the bar date don't get funds.

The BNC notice of mailing is just a notice that is mailed to the debtor and all the creditors stating exactly what you stated....that the bar date has been set. We received our discharge on 1/4, but the bar date was in February. We just recently received the trustees notice of intent to pay creditors and collect his expenses and fees. It will be several months before we actually get a "case closed." It's all part of the long process of an asset Chapter 7.

I hope that explanation helps
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by feelingnutsy View Post
      Can anyone comment on the discrepancies in the above dates?
      There are no discrepancies in the dates. As free stated, it's now an asset case and that takes more time.

No problems, the discharge should take place, but you could be months or a year away from closing.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks for the info---free2breathe and frogger---
        and since the ultimate closing date will be in 2012---
        does this mean that the final/official letter from the
        court will be sent only then-----and not a couple of
        weeks after the 60-day objection date in July?---or
        is there an actual document showing the discharge then?

Comment

We started out as a no asset case. We got the exact same notice and the sixty day club becomes a 90 day club with that letter. It is sent out to all on the matrix. She has already known that she was an asset case as she was given an opportunity to be first bidder on her own property as were we. Our Trustee was fair, gave us a rounded down even amount to be paid in 12 equal payments, no interest. The we got a 2004 exam on top of that then an AP (all due to my enemy). We finally got our discharge but it took a thirteen months to close as for the disbursement and paperwork to wrap up the expenses of all. We surprisingly had no UST intervention, but that is because we were totally honest and obviously ignorant of the procedure. Only JB I imagine, had it worse but we never knew it. We were so ill informed. Your friend will enjoy a longer stay so she is not hurting on that issue and once she pays for her car, she will be discharged, then another long wait for the disbursing et al. Tell her good luck from the forum. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We were an asset case, and our discharge did come 60 days after the 341 (showed on Pacer on the 62nd day) and the bar date for claims came and went with about 1/4, if that, of our creditors making claims. Time rolls on differently in each district, depending on the backlog of cases, trustee punctuality, etc. All I can say is getting that discharge was one "ahhhhhh" moment. The next was the passing of the bar date for claims (though not as loud an "ahhhhh" lol) and the next one will be when they finally say, "Case CLOSED". What an adventure it's been!
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X