Do they use gross wages or net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they use gross wages or net?

Just wondering if they use gross pay or net?

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
    Just wondering if they use gross pay or net?
    If by "they" you are talking about the means test, it is gross pay.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

So they base your payback on gross?

Comment

The forms start off with Gross on the first line but then Taxes and other expenses are deducted.

Comment

So they base your payback on gross?
          You are asking about a Chapter 13 plan? Regardless, all income information is based using your gross pay, and then your expenses (taxes, health insurance taken out of your pay, etc) are put in the expenses part as a deduction from your gross.

Are you planning on filing Chapter 13 on your own? If so, please reconsider. It is a fairly complex thing to do, and small mistakes can cost you far more than an attorney would.
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

2 years ago was gonna do it the attorney said quit your second job or you will be paying 1600 a month. He didn't ask about bills such as heat etc. I know I must do this. Chap 13. Awaiting a call from a new attorney. Do not think he had best interest. Scared I will not have any money to live on.

Comment

2 years ago was gonna do it the attorney said quit your second job or you will be paying 1600 a month. He didn't ask about bills such as heat etc. I know I must do this. Chap 13. Awaiting a call from a new attorney. Do not think he had best interest. Scared I will not have any money to live on.
              You're doing the right thing by consulting another attorney. We don't know why you were quoted 1600 month payback, as we don't know what assets you have, mortgage arrears, income, etc. However a 2nd consult is always wise, especially when it comes to a Chapter 13. When you see the new attorney bring accurate numbers for him/her: Income, expenses, etc. Make a list of what you spend money on so you don't forget anything (haircuts, kids expenses, auto and home maintenance, etc.) Keep in mind something else: Chapter 13 is voluntary. You cannot be forced in to it. If you are not comfortable with the proposed plan then don't file.

Comment

Thanks so much. I thought there is just certain deductions that are what they are. meaning they are figured out for you like reg expences. Can I claim more if I spend more in that area like gas spending around 120 to 150 a week.

Comment

Also had 2 companies take me to court, made payment arrangements but 1 had 6000 added on to reg bill interest. Can i put these in bankruptsy? I'm freaked out, sorry.

Comment

Thank You. I get killed on taxes, My kids are grown, no dependents have to put in retirement so I break even. I owe them too. Gee I think i owe everybody but my mort

Comment

Yes, if you have receipts or such to show you spend more on gas than the allowance you can use that. The debt that you were taken to court over can most likely be wiped out in a bankruptcy. (It's not child support or anything like that right? ) Freaking out is perfectly normal. Have your next consultation, bring with you everything you can to document your income & expenses, and I betcha you'll feel much better. Good luck to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X