Vehicle valuation - South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle valuation - South Florida

Wondering what/how they determine the value? Sorry if this has been answered - just didnt see anything for this area. There is a huge difference between KBB retail value and auction...

If you know please respond.

I don't know about South FL - I'm in Central FL and was told to go to Carmax and get an estimate from them. My estimate came in about $1200 less than KBB.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Thanks for the reply Freddy!

To clarify, who told you to go to carmax?

Comment

Originally posted by InOverHead View Post
        Thanks for the reply Freddy!

To clarify, who told you to go to carmax?

Shoot! I need to catch myself from now on......urgh

My attorney - the ones who are barred from filing BK cases in the 19th district.....LOL

This will be on my list of questions when I'm interviewing new attorneys next week.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by InOverHead View Post
          Wondering what/how they determine the value? Sorry if this has been answered - just didnt see anything for this area. There is a huge difference between KBB retail value and auction...

If you know please respond.
          Not in FL but here in PA......trustee decided what to use. Don't know if you are the same but I went to my bk court site, found trustees. Under the trustees, the website had a list of what the trustee would require. Mine wanted NADA which I got online. Maybe you can see if your courts website has something similar? Good luck!
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Florida trustees are getting picky about car values. My district wants NADA retail....umm....way high! So, we paid $75 per car for certified appraisals and they were not questioned. To me, it was well worth the money spent.

If you want to save the cash, you can try taking it to the dealer for an appraisal, at the 341 that is what our trustee requested of a few others. If there is a serious doubt as to the value you use, than the trustee may send out an appraiser. What I can tell you is that the certified appraisers are no longer able to use auction estimates. The trustees want fair market value for the age and condition and that applies to all personal property in FL.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X