60 day club questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 day club questions

We are a no asset Ch. 7. We had our 341 on Friday, everything went very smoothly. The trustee didn't ask for anything furtther, any $ from us or any changes to be made to schedule J. I know creditors still have their 60 days to object, but at this point should I be concerned about the trustee not liking our budget for schedule J and asking us to amend it, trying to push us into a Ch. 13, or asking for our tax return, or non-exempt $ that was in our bank accounts on the date of filing (comes out to be approx. $700)?
    I know we need to do our post 341 debtor education, is there anything else that needs to be happening in these 60 days or anything else I should be worried about? Our 341 went so good I am just waiting for the next ball to drop.
    TIA!

Most of the time if there are going to be problems or issues they'll come up at the 341, but not always. The creditors have 60 days to object but they share the 60 days with the trustee and the UST. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but there it is.

You'll want to watch for your case to turn into an asset case (meaning the trustee wants your little unexempted egg), or for a report of no distribution (meaning he doesn't). PACER is not my strong suit so others may chime in with better info in terms of what to watch for.

Even if the trustee didn't like your budget, he wouldn't ask you to amend it. They would need to be able to pull enough objectionable expenses out of your budget to fund a chapter 13. A slightly high phone bill or cable expense alone wouldn't be enough. If there is enough DMI to fund a ch13, they will file a motion to dismiss or convert.

Try not to worry. If there were risks associated with your filing, your attorney would have let you know.

Good luck
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X