I want to scream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to scream

I have been trying to do this dang credit counceling since yesterday morning. The company my atty told me to go through (b/c it is the cheapest) will not return my calls. I have called them 3 times to get my dang user name and password and they will not call me back with it. They tell me "okay we will give this to someone and you will hear back in 2 hours" well it has been over 24 hours from my first of 3 calls. My G-ma is also going through this right now. She called them, in 2 hours she had her user name and password and was doing her counceling. Why do they have to make it so hard?
    Filed- 4/7/2006
    341- 5/24 /06
    Payments $110.00 a month for 36 months

OKAY - best suggestion I can give you is CALM DOWN......... or your going to blow a gasket before you get thru bankruptcy..............

This bankruptcy is not going to be done overnite - so you might as well start "developing" some patience!!!

There are other companies that also handle counseling. Lots of people are doing counseling these days so these companies are very busy.

SO CALM DOWN, TAKE A DEEP BREATH - AND PUT ON YOUR PATIENCE PANTS..................

Let things take their course......
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Yes, definitely take some deep breaths!! I do it all the time. It's the only thing that's free and not potentially addicting that works for anger and anxiety. Also taking a short walk around the block.

This is not an easy process, but you can get through this. It's OK to scream, too, just scream into a pillow or go somewhere where no one can hear you.

Hang in there, my friend!! You can do this!
      Filed: 2/24/2006
      341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
      Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We did a Credit Counseling Session, back after the Christmas holidays. We weren't doing pre-BK Cert. We wanted a professional opinion about our finances and our options.

After we entered all the data and hit submit, the webpage said we'd get a response in 24-48 hours. 3 days later, I got a live online chat. Yes they had our info. They were busy. It would be another day. 2 days later, same thing. Online chat, would be another day or so. 2 weeks after we initially submitted the info, we got our councelling packet and DMP. They were very busy.

And they've gotten busier. According the paralegal we're working with, BK's have already picked back up, and are at a higher rate than before the pre 10/17 rush. Higher minimums and people who put off filing due to laws changes are coming into play now.

As Minny suggested, maybe you wanna try another CC service. There's a list of approved Counseling Companies here:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/

We used CCCS of Atlanta. Did the whole thing online. Our packets and certs were available the very next day. And, we could arrange to email them from CCCS of Atlanta directly to our attny's office.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks guys. I just needed to vent. It is jsut frustrating to me that I called them early yesterday and still have not heard, my grandma called them late last night and is done. Same company and everything. I took my kids outside and went for a walk and I am better now.
          Filed- 4/7/2006
          341- 5/24 /06

Comment

I know the feeling Hile. That would be my luck too right now. You could call after me and get right thru. I would still be calling too.

We're going thru a spell now where if it can go wrong it does. How fun!

Vent here anytime you want. We're here to share.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
              And they've gotten busier. According the paralegal we're working with, BK's have already picked back up, and are at a higher rate than before the pre 10/17 rush. Higher minimums and people who put off filing due to laws changes are coming into play now.
              I agree with what you said above. My attorney was seeing clients this last Sunday. She told me she has been doing this for the last 3 weeks. I knew many attorneys had Saturday schedules, but thought Sunday was probably out of the question. She is having so many bk's, that is the only way she keeps up.

Also thought 6 weeks for a 341 meeting was a little lenghy, but won't complain.
              Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
              Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
              Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH So I am finally in and filling everything out. I get 56 of my 65 bad debts entered into the system, and my comp decides to take a crap and froze. Now I have to enter everything again.

I know a lot of people are trying to get filed fast too b/c the court cost go up as of the 8th. That is why I am doing it now vs next month.
                Filed- 4/7/2006
                341- 5/24 /06

Comment

A suggestion for you Hile,.................

Just in case that happens again,.............

Type all your data and info into a Word Doc first. Then all you have to do is Edit Copy/Edit Paste. If you lock up or get booted again, you won't have to retype again. I know some sites won't allow you to do that. Paste in info. But maybe this one will. Worth a try.
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Closed - 04/2007

Comment

YAY!!! I have that part done!!! Now I jsut have to wait 2 more days to go sign everything and file!
                    Filed- 4/7/2006
                    341- 5/24 /06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X