top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my husband's creditors also listed in my case on PACER ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are my husband's creditors also listed in my case on PACER ??

I pulled up my case to navigate around and figure out how to find my information, etc. I pulled up my list of creditors and saw that it includes my HUSBAND'S creditors too!! I am married, but filing singly. I understand that we had to show all of my husband's debts to indicate why his income was not able to help me with my own debts, however, I'm not clear why they listed BOTH of our creditors on the same list in my case?? He is concerned that debtors he he is currently paying-back will be notified about my filing and they will take unnecessary action when HE is not the one filing and is currently paying-back all of his debtors.

Thanks for any information.

Filed 5/20/11
    341 Meeting 7/6/11
    Awaiting Discharge..........

Forgive the obvious quesiton, but are these possibly JOINT debts? If they're JOINT, they will show up. If he's NOT filing and if he has debts in HIS name only, then they should not show up...

Originally posted by kawimominPA View Post
    I pulled up my case to navigate around and figure out how to find my information, etc. I pulled up my list of creditors and saw that it includes my HUSBAND'S creditors too!! I am married, but filing singly. I understand that we had to show all of my husband's debts to indicate why his income was not able to help me with my own debts, however, I'm not clear why they listed BOTH of our creditors on the same list in my case?? He is concerned that debtors he he is currently paying-back will be notified about my filing and they will take unnecessary action when HE is not the one filing and is currently paying-back all of his debtors.

Thanks for any information.

Comment

No, none of our debts are joint. His are his and mine are mine, in respective names only. ALL of the creditors and debts that I am filing for are in MY name only and we do not share any joint debt whatsoever. ??

Filed 5/20/11
      341 Meeting 7/6/11

Comment

No, none of our debts are joint. His are his and mine are mine, in respective names only. ALL of the creditors and debts that I am filing for are in MY name only and we do not share any joint debt whatsoever. ??
        And on PACER you see HIS debts - say - BIG BANK Acct No 123345... that's interesting...then honestly, I don't know - BUT I do know others will jump in and be smarter than I! I know non-filing spouses are listed as "creditors" but his accounts....

Comment

Yes, his are listed as "creditors," but it only lists the institutions and addresses of the institutions, not the actual account information. The list is a mix of his and mine both, which I thought was odd. I will ask our atty on Tuesday after the holiday.

Filed 5/20/11
          341 Meeting 7/6/11

Comment

Yes, his are listed as "creditors," but it only lists the institutions and addresses of the institutions, not the actual account information. The list is a mix of his and mine both, which I thought was odd. I will ask our atty on Tuesday after the holiday.
            That is an interesting question - when you do find the answer, would you mind sharing it?

However, this - even I - the card carrying paranoid pessimist - would not think is a problem of any sort!!!!

Comment

Do you live in a community property state? Could that be why his creditors are showing? Just an idea..

Comment

No - We live in PA and it is an "equitable distribution" state (whatever that means).

Filed 5/20/11
                341 Meeting 7/6/11

Comment

I think it seems like this has to wait for Tues for your lawyer...but I think there will be a simple explanation....

Comment

No - We live in PA and it is an "equitable distribution" state (whatever that means).
                    Usually it means that when the marriage ends, the wife gets all the stuff, the house and the kids and the husband gets all the debt.
                    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                      Usually it means that when the marriage ends, the wife gets all the stuff, the house and the kids and the husband gets all the debt.
                      *LOL* I like that law! Sounds like something Obama would dream-up! *LOLOL*

Filed 5/20/11
                      341 Meeting 7/6/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X