Question about checks and cashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about checks and cashing

I have a couple of check cashing questions. We are scheduled to file in July

First we had a camping trip scheduled that we paid for month's ago but are not going due to bk so we got a refund on our deposit. I would like add it to the mattress fund, is it OK to cash it at my own bank? The issuing bank has no branches in the area?

Secondly I received a personal check written out to my name, for doing some side work for someone, is it OK to cash this?

The total is a few hundred.

Any way you look at them, they are an asset whether you keep the check in hand or cash them. If it were me, I would go ahead and cash them and use the money to pay for my bk filing.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I hope by "mattress fund" you don't mean cash you will hold and not disclose in your bk petition.
      Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X