top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would obtaining a new business license & start selling products be advisable for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would obtaining a new business license & start selling products be advisable for me?

I have an LLC that has a large outstanding debt balance that I cannot pay. I also have personal debt so I am planning to file for Ch 7 personal bankruptcy. My LLC business has been inactive for months and the business license is about to expire. (I am in CA)

I am in need of income so I would like to get a new business license under myself and start selling products as a sole proprietorship before I file for BK.

q1) Since I am filing for BK in the next couple of months, would it be okay for me to obtain a new business license? Or do I have to wait until after I file?
    q2) Can I keep my sole prop business and continue to sell products during and after my bk?
    q3) And it doesn't matter if I also have an inactive LLC stuck with debt?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by aimhighlow; 07-18-2011, 12:05 AM.

Go ahead and start earning a living,
    Just be aware that assets of the business could be property of the bk estate so, you'll want to keep both inventory and A/R's below your states exemptions.
    I'd also suggest you list all of the LLC's debt in your personal Chapter 7. Schedule anyone who could conceivably have a claim.

Run these questions by your attorney before you file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X