No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with your attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to remember is that the ATT's have an ongoing relationship with the TT's

While the ATT has a responsibility to the client they also do not want to be a PITA in the eyes of the TT.

A law practice is a business afterall.

Just my opinion based on my experience..

Comment

The one I chose was okay. I did deal mostly with the paralegal but then he had a law clerk deal mostly with me. The only problem I'm having is that I know from looking at PACER that I am closed (it was posted 3 weeks ago) but have received nothing from the court so emailed her asking what was going on. I did not mention that I'd looked at PACER. That was yesterday so don't expect anything until this week and not sure how far behind the courts are because of the shutdown the Stae of MN experienced so am patiently waiting.

Overall though, they were pretty good. Of course, mine was so simple that if I'd had more confidence in myself could probably have gone pro see, but not that confident in my abilities.

I should add that I did let them know I was interviewing several attorneys and they were a small firm so were more willing to work with me than the bk mills were. And they did keep me up to date all the time and my bk was filed just days after I had all the paperwork to them.
      Last edited by discouraged; 07-31-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

So far so good!

Comment

Had our 341 yesterday, 10 till appointment time we are watching others as they consult with their attorneys. Us? Yep, our attorney not to be found. No doubt our guy is the Ford of the indus5ry, talks it up in the beginning, but once your in, your treated like trash. Call his office to be told that another attorney should be meeting with us. HUH? Thanks for letting us know. 1 minute prior to start, the attorney shows up , and though we were there 40 minutes early, we are now in the back of the call up log as his first word were ,"did you sign in?"
          California Chapter 13

Comment

chinup, that is just awful! The more I read of these posts, I can't believe how lucky I was to choose the lawyer that I did. Last year, at my 341, I basically just sat back and let him take the lead.

Then as far as choosing somebody, I think the biggest, most helpful factor (for me anyway) was that this attorney came highly recommended by another attorney. This other person, did not do bankruptcies, and stressed that this bankruptcy lawyer was the absolute best in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by chinup View Post
              Had our 341 yesterday, 10 till appointment time we are watching others as they consult with their attorneys. Us? Yep, our attorney not to be found. No doubt our guy is the Ford of the indus5ry, talks it up in the beginning, but once your in, your treated like trash. Call his office to be told that another attorney should be meeting with us. HUH? Thanks for letting us know. 1 minute prior to start, the attorney shows up , and though we were there 40 minutes early, we are now in the back of the call up log as his first word were ,"did you sign in?"
              If you weren't in CA, I would think we had the same atty. Almost identical experience at our 341.

Comment

I haven't spoken to my attorney for four years. I have not had a reason to. One more year to go on my Chapter 13. I may not even talk to him when it comes time for the discharge. That's my kind of attorney!

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                  I haven't spoken to my attorney for four years. I have not had a reason to. One more year to go on my Chapter 13. I may not even talk to him when it comes time for the discharge. That's my kind of attorney!
                  I wouldn't talk to mine either, but since my 341, I've had a few little situations come up. Then I must say, he has been very good about answering my annoying little questions.

Comment

Our attorney was great. She is basically a one man firm, taking all the calls and appts herself. She was quick to answer e-mails, even calling me to answer a question while she was on vacation. She prepared us well for our 341. She was great at calming all our fears.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X