70 Days and still no closing!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70 Days and still no closing!?!

Anyone go longer than this waiting for their BK7 to close? Today is day 70, and I really, really want to see that CLOSED sign on this business!
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

It's probably closed, but not posted. Sometimes the courts have staffing issues. Why don't you give them a call, if possible?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Call your caseworker at your BK Court. That person should be able to tell you the status. If you haven't called your caseworker before, have your case number handy, as that determines who is assigned to your case.

Our case did not close for 15 months after we were discharged, but we were an Asset case.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Holy MOLEY! 15 months! We're no asset, and everything went really smoothly. I'd just like to see it closed. I will call them. THANKS!
        --------------------------------------------
        As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It took 8 months for our discharge and it only occurred after some prodding. It’s been 12 months since we filed and are still waiting for something to happen, anything beyond the discharge. Yes, we are asset case. If I had known it would take this long I would have squandered all the money away. When we started this process we thought we were doing the right thing by leaving something for our creditors to be equally distributed amongst them since we knew we would eventually file.

Comment

We priced our stuff a little too high, and did not know that Florida does NOT have a 'tools of the trade' exemption--thank YOU, dear Madame Attorney--so the computer equipment in 'Hub's consulting work was non-exempt. Also we had to pay a huge deposit to FPL as a penalty to keep our electricity on, as we had fallen behind in our payments. THAT was considered an ASSET, and we had to 'buy' it back from the BK estate. I still do not understand that one.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow - that is terrible, AngelinaCat. As for WantmyPeace, if you did this through a lawyer, ask them about it. Otherwise follow the advice given. I thought mine was closed on 7/19 but since I did not get a letter from the court, pretended ignorance and emailed my lawyer's law clerk as to when this would end. Found out it was closed 7/7. Go figure.

Comment

Florida is crazy when it comes to BK filers - on the ridiculous level. I am sure the attorneys are rakeing it in over there. So glad I don’t live there and if I did I would do my best to move out to a reasonable state and file then.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X