Debt validation letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt validation letter

I am sending out a debt validation letter and was wondering if this would be a good time to tell the Collection agency that I am collection proof?

I would keep the letter short and sweet. I wouldn't tell them you are collection proof. It might stir the pot and they may want to start the suing process because you maybe "collection proof" now but who knows the future.

I have had only negative reactions to DV letters. It seemed like after I sent them to all my collection accounts the lawsuits started showing up.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

You tell them nothing. Period.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I appreciate the advice. I never been in this position before. Maybe I should just forget about the D.V. letter.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          You tell them nothing. Period.
          I agree 100%. Silence is the best repartee.
          Filed Chapter 7 non-consumer as a pro se. *Discharged* October 2011.

Comment

OK.....for what it's worth......I DID have a paragraph on all of my DV's (along with C&D's included as well).
            I stated that my income consists of Social Security, that the only real estate I own is a fully mortgaged, upside down, modest homesteaded dwelling and that by both, bankruptcy code and State Statues, my minimal assets are exempt, and that I am collection proof'....

Comment

It does not matter if you are collection proof or not. Just file for bankruptcy, and no collections are possible, and judgments are worthless.

Comment

So I am just wasting my time in sending a Debt validation letter? Yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                  So I am just wasting my time in sending a Debt validation letter? Yes or no?

"Yes or No"...?... suppose YOU need to answer with 'Yes or No' as you know what timeframe you have in mind for filing (that is IF you are thinking of filing..)

A DV will buy you a little more time... IF that's what you need

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X