Day 61... And a couple questions on discharge vs close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 61... And a couple questions on discharge vs close

Yes I know discharge is not an automatic thing after 60 days, but I still want to check PACER every 2 minutes (I haven't....yet).

I do have some questions though. I assume I will get my discharge since nothing happened in the 60 days.....however I'm not sure if my case will close right away because there was a little money owed to me by an ex that did not get exempted and evidently the trustee told my lawyer he was probably going after it (a few hundred dollars!). Point is, if I am discharged but my case doesn't close right away, what happens? I know that discharge is what I was waiting for, but closing has some significance....for instance my student loans, will they come due after discharge or after close? (I've read both). I've been without a car for a couple months now (my head gasket blew on my 99 Taurus, there were no car loans in the bk) - can I try for a bad credit car loan after discharge or do I have to wait until close?

And lastly, we did an amendment a few weeks ago on my exemptions - I know this basically re-starts the 30 days for objections to exemptions - my lawyer said it wont affect my discharge. But does it affect close? I assume so...

Yes I have read the sticky on discharge vs close, but it doesn't answer my questions.
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

I hate Pacer - lol

I am on day 60 - today.

I hold my breath every time I check Pacer.

Comment

Well as of 8/30 I have show Discharged! It says it is an automatic discharge and I still see nothing from the trustee about the distribution....should I be worried?
      Jessica
      Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
      Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Congratulations Jessica! Day 60 is tomorrow for me..
        341 Date ~ July 6th, 2011 ~ Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by JessMN View Post
          Well as of 8/30 I have show Discharged! It says it is an automatic discharge and I still see nothing from the trustee about the distribution....should I be worried?
          HEY, you get your traditional hamster dance of Victory. First though, stop worrying. You are discharged. The muddle in the fuddle will cause your close to be extended but you can go out and buy a used car. Buy one cash or fix your head gasket. Don't do debt at high interest pls. Remember, you earned your new start, but you have to work at it.

And now, your dance of Victory:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X