Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buzzstpoint View Post
    +2

before I filed, I called everyone of my monthly bills (Even the credit cards. They were no help)
    Like my cable.. We were paying 145 per month, we cut back, now were down 85 per month. Be persistent. The gal on the phone told me there were no options to lower my bill.. I told her Then cancel the whole plan. Low an behold, serviced were able to be dropped, and by bill lower. Cell bill, I pay 177 per month, Dropped my wife's internet plan, and I will downgrade to a cheaper phone soon and remove my data plan. That will save us 35 there. In just 2 phone calls. I saved 95 bucks a month.

It's hard at 1st, you have to separate luxury from necessity. I used to hit the bar every Friday. That's 40 bucks a week there. I haven't been out in 6 months. Substitute the digiorno pizza for a handful of Ramen. It wont be like that for long... Just until we get a grasp on a different way of living.

You may have read it 1000 times out there and never followed it.. Sit down and write out were every cent goes. Right down to the 60 cent candy bar or the 4 dollar Starbucks. Once you see where all your cash goes, you'll be able to budget and change your habits... Our vice was dining out. I love food, and love to eat out.. 6 months ago, I'd probably drop 1/2 a paycheck on eating out every month.. Maybe more. We still eat out, but we are selective where we go, and how many times we go.
    Here's an example, We love this Italian place in town. When I take the family there I'll drop 80 bucks on the meal. Do we go there still? Yeah... But differently.. My wife and I will go to the Wendys next door, then walk over to the Italian place and have a Creme brulee (her favorite). Just cut our 80 dollar meal down to 25.
    No wonder you're filing for BK. $177/mo for phone service? $145/mo for cable?

Comment

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
      I have not filed CH7 yet, and all my credit cards are maxed or closed.

Can anyone recommend a source of credit just to get me through the next few months?

I am not planning to discharge this new credit, just use it to make periodic purchases until I am through the CH 7 process.

I do not want to use a secured card for this. I need a small amount of credit. About $2k

Ideas?

thanks
      I'd really be one of the last people to judge. But I can't count the amount of times my (now deceased) father used to ask me to call one of his nearly maxed out credit cards to try and get some supplies for our family business. Then, I was just as bad, too. It was always, well maybe I can use this credit card to buy some materials, because Ms. Customer is supposed to pay me next month, the busy season is coming, etc. Never thinking the business has to "learn to live within its means" and maybe we should't be so quick to use this "easy credit."

Well you know where I've ended up (chap 13 and my business is scaled way back.) But the real question is what will you do for the next time? Because these situations where you think you just need a little more don't just stop happening. I think the faster you can stop relying on credit cards the better.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
        No wonder you're filing for BK. $177/mo for phone service? $145/mo for cable?
        I pay $141 for cable but that also includes my home phone and internet service. It might be possible that this is true for this poster as well. Making statements like this only encourages people NOT to share their experiences which doesn't help any of us.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Yes the 145 was for Cable/phone/Internet package.. I was able to call, drop the land line, drop services for cable. So now i have 85 per month for cable and internet.
          I tend not to get roped into arguments like that. So that's why I didn't post earlier.
          8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
          9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
          Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X