top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File for personal Ch7 BK or close business(LLC) 1st? Do I need to notify creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File for personal Ch7 BK or close business(LLC) 1st? Do I need to notify creditors?

I want to close my business so taxes and fees will stop incurring on it, but I am about to file for Ch 7 personal BK to discharge *both* personal debt and business debt (remove personal liability). So I am unsure what to do first.

And since I am about to file for personal Ch 7 BK, am I still required to notify my creditors? If so would I notify them before or after I submit the "certificate of cancellation" to CA secretary of state?

And would I still be required to include statements about claims, deadlines for claims, etc. in the letters? It also says I must allow 90-180 days for creditors to submit claims, but I am about to file so I don't know what to say or how this all works.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by aimhighlow; 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM.

You are under no obligation to tell creditors anything, ever. Creditors are going to deal with non-payment in a specific way regardless of whether or not you inform them of your plans.
    An attorney who specializes in bankruptcy will be your best source of information, especially since you have both personal and business-related debt to contend with.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X