Student loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student loan

Will i be able to qualify for a student loan if i filed for bankruptcy?

If it's government backed, then I believe so. If you're in a Ch13, you need trustee permission to apply for a the student loan.
    If its a private loan, I dont know if you would get approved for it.
    10/27/11 - Filed Ch13 ------ 2/27/12 - Conversion to Non-Consumer Ch7 ----6/11/12 - Discharged!

Comment

Government backed loans you will be able to qualify for. If you are going through a chapter 7 the school ay still require you to submit something from the trustee. Each district is different. I had to submit a statement from my lawyer to the school. I was in the process of filing a chapter 7 and already had my 341 meeting. The school still required documentation of when my discharge date was and a statement that the trustee was finished reviewing my case.

Even though I was in the process of going through a BK I still got all my loans, grants, and scholarships.
      Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
      341 meeting on 5/28/2010
      Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

I've had no problem obtaining federal Stafford loans. Bankruptcy doesn't generally effect federal loans.

Exployer stated what you might need to do in a Chapter 7.

In a Chapter 13 you'll need to consult your lawyer or trustee and ask what you need to do to get the loans approved before you accept the federal loans. Your school will probably also require something from your trustee regarding permission.

It was actually a much easier process than I expected.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X