top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's goes again please critique my expenses - thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHM, in the other thread, it was stated that they are a household of 2, so the children must be adults and on their own. I'd hope they can foot their own cell bill. ;)

The gasoline expense will probably be okay, it is what it is, and you have to get to work somehow. We listed our transportation expense at $475 (dh commutes) and it wasn't questioned. That said, you probably won't get to keep the repair line item since the gas is so pricey. Also, home maintenance is going to raise some eyebrows, and the educational expense probably won't fly.

Not to be a downer, but I don't see any way that you're going to be a ch.7.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Hi,

As far as the gas goes, we have two vehicles which takes about $50-60 to fill each. They get filled weekly. Depending upon gas prices right now they are about $3.22 gal.

The oil changes were considered how many times per year - I will look at that again - we get them changed maybe 4 times per year each.

Also, the only reason I have put in timeshares is because the attorney said they would fall under our exemptions so I could deduct the expenses on them. There are 2 and who know what the face value would be - $1 to $25,000??? I had talked with him about just giving them back and he discouraged that as they are paid for.

Clothes expense is what I took off the federal guidelines.

Kids are adults. When their contract comes up they will come off our plan, they have been on our plan since college. Father-in-law is on our plan for a peace of mind for us. He is in his 70's and still goes out in the woods and chops wood etc we got it for him in case he needs help and is working outside can get some help. He lives in the country. We will not have him pay it.

Like I said before too, the attorney wanted Sallie Mae and Aqua in the budget for now. I know if we go to Ch 13 then we won't.

Thanks again!!!

Lynn

Comment

You definitely want to list ALL expenses for the benefit of your attorney, all we can do is give you some feed back on what is likely to fly or not. Nothing we write here is in stone, and these issues vary among districts.

Comment

No way this will be anything but a 13 with those expenses. I can easily see well over a $1000 available for a monthly payment.
          19% dividend

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
            That is about what I make a week! You must own a real gas guzzler or someone in your household works far away. I take the bus to work but other than that I think I spend about $40 a month on gas.
            I put $360 a month for gas. This is for 2 cars. The trustee never said a word.

$40 a month you must not drive much. Lucky
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Charitable gifts $ 50

Housing:
              Mortgage 1,105
              HOA 23
              Repairs/main. 370

Utilities:
              Electric 150 (I checked last year's and my highest during winter
              was $280, so this was about year's ave)
              Water 65
              Gas - NA
              Comcast (phone, cable
              internet) 148
              Cell 165 (will start having kids pay their portion - is this more
              in line?)
              Food (all) 663

Transportation
              Payment 495
              Road service 7
              Gas 453
              Oil changes 30
              Repairs/tires 147
              car ins. 266
              license/taxes 32

Uniforms 30
              Clothes 132
              Cleaning/laundry 66

Medical
              Health,dental, vision 368
              Doctors, dentists
              optometrist & meds 300 (as I stated in previous thread, I had FSA in 2011
              had $145.84 biweekly, it has all been spent)

Personal

Life 70
              Pets 102
              Toiletries 81
              Hair 50
              Educational supplies 540
              Subscriptions 15
              Prof. organizational dues 13
              Gifts 70
              Misc. 165

Entertainment 50
              Vacation 10
              Timeshares 158

Aqua 135

Sallie Mae 108

For a family of 2 these are high. We put $600 food for a family of 4. And was only allowed $50 a month for 2 dogs. $50 bucks a month for hair cuts is way too high. We were allowed $25 again family of 4.

Good Luck to you but I think you are not even close to Ch 7.
              Last edited by Freddy03; 11-21-2011, 09:51 AM.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I also question the auto insurance. $266 month? I pay approx $350 a year through AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                  I also question the auto insurance. $266 month? I pay approx $350 a year through AAA.
                  Yes I pay $200 a month for 2 cars and that's with a teen driver. Geico.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post

I spend $560\month on gas for 2 vehicles and one's a Hybrid.

My approved amount was $315 since gas was cheaper or I drove less then I can't remember.

I'm not taking the bus.

I see no problem with $360

My auto insurance is $182/month for 2 new cars.
                    19% dividend

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                      Be glad you don't live in NJ
                      Insurance is what it is. It's so widely dependent on who you are and where you are that you can't compare. Also coverage, credit rating, so many factors at work.
                      It is often advised here that one INCREASE one's coverage prior to filing. In all areas.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I agree with keepsmiling about insurance expenses - they do vary widely.

The $165 miscellaneous is written into the National Standards for Food, Clothing and Other Items for 2 people. It, therefore, should fly - correct?
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Expenses that are "necessary" and that you can "prove" the amount are always accepted. So, auto insurance shouldn't be a problem...but even then you can have some issues, if you have adult kids on your policy and they are not contributing, that can be an issue. Generally, any time you are over an allowed amount in a designated category (like vehicle operating) you need to be able to justify and prove the overage.

Comment

Hi,

Our auto insurance is just us. My husband had some problems with driving in the past so maybe that is why we are higher??? It is with GEICO as well. I need to check and see as we used to pay our premiums in 4 months, not 6 months time, so will adjust if needed. I had forgotten about that.

Also, the food, misc items, etc I took off the federal guidelines.

I just got gas in my Jeep yesterday and had cash only - gave them $50 and it was almost full, but not quite. I paid $2.97 gal.

As far as pets, we have 3 big dogs and 2 cats.

So, I am going to refigure again after doing more research & crunching of numbers. Also after meeting with another attorney today, she was very helpful on what type of expenses I need to be looking at post BK. So who knows? I'm just trying to do the best I can do. The only way we have been able to make ends meet is using the refund of my student loans. It is hard to admit that - I've just been kidding myself.

thanks again for all the responses!

Comment

I am salivating over your gas prices. We pay $3.60 on a good day, usually closer to $4/gallon for the regular cheapy stuff!
                              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post

I really don't. I take the bus to and from work and am pretty much a homebody. So except for the occasional trip to the mall and grocery store which is about 2 miles away my car stays in my underground garage. Besides the less I drive it the longer it will last, I hope!
                                Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X