1 baby step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 baby step

Well I finally made appt for a consult in Jan. To my suprise the attorney actually got on the phone and answered some of my questions. I was in shock he even made the appt not his secretary. Hopefully he will be the one. OMG I am nervous and embarressed....

No reason to be embarrassed....nervous is normal.

Comment

What he said.
      You are in good company. There's all of us to start. And some pretty famous people as well. I bet even some folks you know personally who just haven't told you.
      You've committed no crime and have nothing to feel badly about, so hold your head up and do what you need to do.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

We felt the same, but as others have said- you have no reason to be embarrassed, people from all walks of life have filed bankruptcies. Soon you'll forget the embarrassed feeling as the "relief" feeling takes over and you get to sleep at night. Best of luck!
        btw- best thing we ever did for ourselves. Things DO get better.
        All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

We went to an attorney an hour's drive away from our home, because we were concerned that even though there is the 'attorney-client' privilege, we were concered that something would 'leak out' because many of our local attorneys usually met at the local watering hole for their 5:00 round-table. Even though we had done nothing wrong, we were still embarrassed and felt like failures.

In retrospect, we should have gone to our local bk attorney, who is also a trustee. I think we would have far better off, and would not have made the errors we did. Our attorney did not really educate us, was not available to answer questions a lot of the time. We had not yet found this forum.

Good luck to you!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yeah, remember that feeling well, as a matter of fact one of the reasons we put off filing for so long (and therefore digging hole deeper) was because we were embarassed. That was until we realized A) no one knew and they would not know unless we told them (we actually filed in a nearby city where they had a better selection of BK attorneys and we knew no one) and B) these same people that we were embarassed in front of were not going to pay our bills or help us get out of the hole, so why even factor them into our lives or decisions.

You get over it really quick once you start moving forward and feel the relief. Be proactive in your journey and you will feel that control over your life creeping back in and its a wonderful feeling...Good Luck and go to as many free consults as you can until you are absolutely comfortable, its your life take it back!!!

Comment

I can't wait! Feb come quick I need my depression lifted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X