Where do I find rental allowances....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I find rental allowances....

With possibly moving and surrendering our house in our CH13, where do I find rental allowances? Is the actual rent not allowed or a certain amount only. We are a large family and cannot fit into any apartments, we are a family of 10. We would have to rent a house and I am sure that will be more than apartments. Looking at houses to rent in the area we can find many that are cheaper than our mtg payments. How do we determine what is allowed?

ETA: Converting to CH7 is not an option as we are well above on the means test.

Don't know if you were around when Olivies was posting (I think it was her)- she had similar situation and it wound up a huge battle with tt, you might want to dig up her posts. Maybe she's still around somewhere? She fought hard and eventually won (the allowances apparently don't always account for large families, and then there are certain regs about how many to a bedroom, etc)

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Choose the time period for when you filed your case then it is section II #4

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        Don't know if you were around when Olivies was posting (I think it was her)- she had similar situation and it wound up a huge battle with tt, you might want to dig up her posts. Maybe she's still around somewhere? She fought hard and eventually won (the allowances apparently don't always account for large families, and then there are certain regs about how many to a bedroom, etc)
        I looked at some of those posts. It seems that was an issue in determining expenses for a CH 7. That is not an option for us, we have to stay in a CH13.

Would we be allowed to use our actual rent payment on our expenses when we modify to surrender the house. The link shows housing/utilities for five and more. We are DOUBLE that amount. There is no way the rent AND utilities would be able to be covered with that stated payment. Are those figures just used for the means test?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X