top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going truck shopping this afternoon! Yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going truck shopping this afternoon! Yikes!

Well, we may be purchasing a new (or new to us truck) this afternoon as advised here to help either lower Ch 13 payment, or be able to qualify for Ch 7.

I'm a little nervous as we were not ever wanting to borrow again. We have talked with finance people, and I told them we were wanting to get different vehicle before bankruptcy. It will be in my name only as husband's credit is totally bad due to not paying on mortgage on rental for over one year.

Our app't is this afternoon at 2pm. My husband is kinda sad as he LOVES his old 1999 S-10 extreme. Plus no payments on it. So, I guess we will see what we end up with, if anything.

Thanks again for all the support and advice!

Lynn

That's the bass-ackward logic of bk.
    Enjoy the new wheels.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I agree, one of the dumbest things. How about let people have a few extra hundred dollars each month to not encourage going into further debt.

Comment

I totally agree!

Comment

I cannot believe it. We were able to purchase a new truck at 7.4% which was better than our current Jeep loan now. It is a beautiful truck. We did loan for 6 years, with maintenance & gap insurance added (as I've seen suggested here too).

Still cannot believe it. I hope this strategy works.

So, will wait and see. . . . . .

Comment

Just plain crazy, the way it works. Hope your hubby can get used to the new wheels. If not I am sure it will look good in my driveway.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
              Just plain crazy, the way it works. Hope your hubby can get used to the new wheels. If not I am sure it will look good in my driveway.
              That's funny! Even though he was very sad about giving up his old truck, I think he will LOVE the new one. I thought I was going to pass out signing the loan papers, we will have this truck and our Jeep until they die.

As a side note, we are meeting with attorney first part of Jan again, and will pay retainer, etc. Since buying this truck, she probably won't have us file until end of March or so (which is OK I guess, as IF we get tax refund wanted us to wait anyway).

Comment

Enjoy the new truck and congrats on the good deal you guys got!! Tell hubby he got an early Christmas gift!! LOL
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your advice. I emailed our attorney this AM to set up app't first week of January. I also sent one of the cases to her that you had given me about VA income (I also said I had been "googling" for lots of information ;) ).

Hubby is going to love this truck. I know this isn't probably the right attitude, but we just decided, the heck with it, and purchased something that should last many, many years with what we wanted. My heart was beating through my chest during the whole thing! For a truck, it is beautiful. Thank you again Ms. ValleYum for all your great advice and support!

Comment

';Bears, GOOD FOR YOU!!! and HUBBY!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X