Made An Appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made An Appointment

I guess it's time to meet with some attorneys, even though it will be a few more weeks before I have the money to file.

And, it was very difficult. I don't know why. I lost count of how many times I hung up after dialing all but the last digit of the phone number. I was finally able to go through with it by reasoning that I could always cancel.

But, it's done. Later this week, I'll be going to my first consultation.

It's a baby step.
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

Awesome and congrats on this step. Its one of the hardest for sure, continue to line up the free consults, the next appointment will be easier. You are a business and you must make the best decisions for that business, no one else is going to have your insight and experience for your financial business. Realize that this decision is in your best interest and you are taking charge. You will feel more in charge with each appointment and the more you read and learn about bankruptcy. Be proactive and the control seeps back into your life and that is a very good feeling! Good job and good luck!

Comment

One step at a time

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

That's awesome. In 2009 I actually made a few appointments with bk attorneys and then would call back and cancel at the last minute. 2010 I filed. But anyway, congrats on that important step.

Comment

I know it is hard. We have been going back and forth whether or not we should file for the past few years. We have met with attorneys on and off, then would decide we could do it. Now, with the rental house going to be foreclosed on sometime, we just want to get it over with. Next week we will meet with our attorney and pay her the retainer and see whether she still thinks we can file Ch 7, or if we will have to go Ch 13.

Good luck! We are all in this together.

Lynn

Comment

I delayed meeting with attorneys too. My thing was I was too embarrassed by how stupid I had been with credit to sit down and explain my story to strangers.

My attorney is filing papers on Thursday; I wish I had done this a year ago.
            Filed: 12/29/11
            341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X