Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Bankruptcy and doing well / Charge off question

Hello out there,

Been awhile since I have been here but wanted to reach out and mention that I have survived the bankruptcy (I did it right before the law changes) and have been doing well.

I am almost done paying my car off (which I bought post bankruptcy) and have been doing alright.

This is a question in regards to my girlfriend. We have been dating for almost 18 months. About 3 years ago she cosigned a BMW for her then boyfriend, he made payments on the car for about 14 months and then it ended up being repossessed. Now, on her credit report, it obviously shows the repossession and I am wondering what, if any, options there are for her (us) to recitify this.

It shows that only 17k is owed so they obviously sold it off but they haven't called her in about 2 years, but they are still updating her credit report monthly. Any advice on how to handle this using the least amount of cash, would be great.

Good luck to everyone out there, it really does get better after bankruptcy. I am 3.5 years away from it beign off my credit report and I really can't wait.

Congrats.

I am probably wrong, I don't really think she has many options. I wouldn't file BR for that unless they were going to sue her or had a judgement. I definitely wouldn't give them a dime after 2 years. I wouldn't even talk to them, If she did, She just run high risk re-aging the debt.

Best bets are She could dispute it with the CRA as not hers, But again there runs a small risk of re-aging it.
    Or she could just to let it age out.

However, She might be able to go after her Ex in small claims for damages to her credit, But that is another forum.
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X