Got my first call today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my first call today...

I stopped paying this month and am still feeling a little jittery about it, although it has been a good feeling to pay cash for things like groceries and gas for the first time in a long time instead of swiping my card and getting that awful feeling every time. Unfortunately I waited too long to cancel my automatic payment to BoA and they snatched it for this month before the cancellation went through. Oh well...maybe it will keep them off my back a bit longer. Citibank sent an automated call today, to my GV number so I've now updated that number to go straight to VM where I clearly state my name and address and nothing more. Chase isn't due until the 28th so something tells me the real fun won't start until February. I know this is the right decision for my family and I but its still nerve wracking!!!

Congratulations on your first call
    It will get easier. I promise.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

It does get easier especially with GV taking the calls. At first we read every voice mail left on the google voice log, we even listened to a few then as time went on we did not even read the voice mail messages on the computer any more. The phone is so quiet with GV and then of course we turned the ringer off so we never heard anything. If we saw a message flashing on the answering machine we knew it was a real message from someone and not a creditor message so we would listen. It was great to tell you the truth, we almost felt like we were not getting our punishment so to speak for not paying as those calls add alot of pressure and stress. It will get easier!

Comment

I agree! I'm finally going to see my BK attorney tomorrow after 6 months of paying into a debt settlement agency account. I think I got about 20 calls or so a day. It got so bad, I got rid of my home phone! Just a word of caution, they will call you at work. I asked them not to call me at work and they agreed. It's been a rough road, but I'm hoping after tomorrow, life will get better! Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X