No announcement yet.

Denied access to my online mortgage account from new servicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm part of the Aurora Bank sell-off to Nationstar that occurred in July.

Interesting thing is, I bk'd in August of '11, did not reaffirm the mortgage and after a few weeks and a few phone calls was granted both online access and statements. I was told initially that because of my status (stay-and-pay, no reaffirmation), I would never see monthly statements or get online access. Not sure what changed but I've got both now.

Also, I have never paid Nationstar with my checking account (bill pay, written check, etc). I pay with cashier's check sent to their overnight payment address and I send it certified/return receipt so I know when they get it. I also pay about a week before the 1st of each month. I've done this with Nationstar from the very beginning so they do not have any of my banking information which is important because the cannot "accidentally" double-dip or initiate any transactions. All they get is what I send which is the exact amount they ask for.

Also, I've had my lawyer send a QWR requesting that they provide me with verification of their authority to enforce the note (by producing for inspection the original mortgage note or a complete copy front and back as the note exists today) and also a full loan payment history since it originated, which was about five transfers ago. If they can't prove they have a right to collect payment...we stop paying and go from there. This is going to get interesting.

I encourage everyone to go to your local county clerk's office and look up the assignments associated with your home. If there are any missing assignments, you may have a broken chain of title too and should seek a lawyer for assistance.
    Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

For about six months right after I filed chapter 13, nothing really seemed to change at my mortgage bank. I wouldn't have known anyway, since I usually paid the old fashioned way: by going to the teller, paying in cash, and having them stamp my statement as a receipt. Then in May 2011, my bank sold off my mortgage. I have yet to get a "normal" statement from this new servicer, the amount due is said to be $0.00, when there still is a balance on the loan. However, this bank, does send me information papers, if there has been a tax increase and the amount I should pay.

So, I pay them about 14 days in advance by money order, sent first class mail, with a certificate of mailing. Maybe I'm paranoid but like IamIrene I don't believe in showing these people anything that I don't have to.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X