Coping with the anxiety of Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with the anxiety of Bankruptcy

Though this is probably a topic many would prefer addressing with a good shrink (I included), I believe it's something that might make for good discussion here. Something a little "non-technical" to chew on for a change.

I've been in a 3-year Chap 13 plan for 2.5 years now. And due to some unforseen circumstances, I might be converting to a 7 shortly. Either way, I hope to be done with of all of this before the end of this year. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that over the course of the past three years, I have changed. There's not a day that goes by that I don't have at least one crippling anxiety attack or loss of sleep over how this thing will play out. And whether I won't be a shell of who I once was, when and if it ever ends. I have tried over and over again to convince myself that this was simply a solution to a problem, and hopefully a blip on the proverbial radar. But I'll be honest, once this has been part of your life for an extended period, it's hard not to let it define you. I'd be interested in hearing how others have dealt with the process and if you feel at all the same way I do -- kind of "consumed" by it, for lack of a better description. I'm not even sure if I can remember what it was like NOT to be in bankruptcy, even though 3-years (in the scheme of things) really isn't that long.

It just seems, to me anyway, that resolution (discharge) and the resulting emotions are very difficult, if not impossible to visualize. Hoping somebody out there who has been through it -- start to finish -- can tell me that you do find the spring in your step again. And that when it's done, it's really done.

That's what we are here for. A place to vent as well as ask for and receive advice.
    Someone else recently posted an idea for a new forum to address post bk reports:http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...hlight=post+bk

If you keep reading, often folks do come back to report how much better their lives are, both during and post bk. And, one of the members here started a blog to write about her journey. If I can find it again I will post a link.

Hang in there. Keep talking to us and asking q's. Good luck.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X