Some More Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some More Questions

Sorry to have so many questions. I have read through the threads and I'm still lost is it best to hold off Bk until the CC companies sue you and save as much as you can or file right away when you can. We will find out Thursday if we can file Chapter 7 or 13 hoping 7 but we all depend on our home we might have to much equity for a 7.

Next question we were suppose take my daughter and nieces up to Boston to drop them off at my sisters this is just one day up and the next day back. We will have to get a hotel for overnight as my sisters home is small and it works out best if we do that it would just be hubby and I in the hotel. I am concern that in the 6 month look back period the trustee will see this (not using cc using debit card to reserve room) will this be a issue

Pam

Your trip to Boston and back will not be a problem. It sounds like you are paying cash, so really nothing will be in your bank statements. You are allowed to have a life, and this sounds like it will be a nice outing for you and hubby. Enjoy!

As for waiting for the CCs to file suit, I have no real opinion there, as we didn't have that problem. We had suits pending from a personal loan (American General), and a car note that 'Hub had foolishly co-signed for.

There was nary a peep from the two CCs we had--both owned by Citi--with a combined total of about 40K.

Good luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You file when the timing puts you in the most advantageous position.
      Many have to delay filing to let some cc transactions or property transfers age.
      Be careful about accumulating more cash than can be exempted. What is important is, getting used to a cash existence. Use the money you sent to the cc companies to pay your ordinary household bills. If, you can't make ends meet doing this, you have a problem bk can't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
        You file when the timing puts you in the most advantageous position.
        Many have to delay filing to let some cc transactions or property transfers age.
        Be careful about accumulating more cash than can be exempted. What is important is, getting used to a cash existence. Use the money you sent to the cc companies to pay your ordinary household bills. If, you can't make ends meet doing this, you have a problem bk can't fix.
        We can make ends meets without paying cc and also for the first time in awhile we will be able to save money for things we will want to do when this is all over that freedom with no debt other than the house payment is something I can't wait to have.

Comment

Ahhh pamkev....you never need to be sorry for LOTS of questions. Questions are good.
          Being out of the other end of the tunnel is pretty awesome....no debts....monthly stressers gone.
          I can still hardly believe it's real.
          You are going to do fine. Hang in there.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            Ahhh pamkev....you never need to be sorry for LOTS of questions. Questions are good.
            Being out of the other end of the tunnel is pretty awesome....no debts....monthly stressers gone.
            I can still hardly believe it's real.
            You are going to do fine. Hang in there.
            Thank you so much. I am holding my breath as nothing comes easy for hubby and I it's always a uphill battle no matter what we do

Comment

It may help to get visual, sit down and draw up a couple of timelines with different file times. Figure how much cash you can save, how many months past due you will be, draw a red line for certain deadlines like the points in time you will be 90 days past due, then 120 etc, then when a law suit might happen... Some times it helps when you see it on paper, all part of the strategic planning, it also gives you a sense of regaining control, you file when its good for YOU! There is new power in having options and doing things on your timeline not someone elses. Good Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X