We finally found a good lawyer :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally found a good lawyer :)

The first lawyer that we consulted with was an *******. He just wants his $1500 attorney fee. He insisted that in order to solve our financial problem, we either need to file for bankruptcy or make more money, and that we didn't need an attorney to tell us that. What a jerk! So I told my husband that he was right and we didn't need him so we walked out of his office.

The second lawyer was very very nice, intelligent, and passionate about helping people. He even lowered his attorney fee to $1000 because of our limited budget. So I am very happy because he did ease my mind. We feel a lot better now that we know what to do. We were gonna file pro se but now that we found a good lawyer, we're just gonna go ahead and hire him.

Yay! I am so happy for you that you found a great attorney at a price you can afford. I promise that this will be ranked as one of the BEST $1,000 you ever spent!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

So happy you found one you are comfortable with. I think you are making a good decision to use an attorney and I agree it will be the best $1,000 you ever spent. Someone to be in your corner and ask questions to means alot in this process. Now, if you have not already search for Google Voice and set it up in preparation of stopping your CC payments and filing. It will be the second best thing you did this week in the process!

Comment

I'm so glad you found a good lawyer!! It sounds like you are taking the right steps in this process! Good luck to you and your husband!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
          So happy you found one you are comfortable with. I think you are making a good decision to use an attorney and I agree it will be the best $1,000 you ever spent. Someone to be in your corner and ask questions to means alot in this process. Now, if you have not already search for Google Voice and set it up in preparation of stopping your CC payments and filing. It will be the second best thing you did this week in the process!
          Wait, what is that Google Voice thing? How am I gonna need that for stopping cc payments? Forgive me for my mind is becoming outdated because of this bk thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
            Yay! I am so happy for you that you found a great attorney at a price you can afford. I promise that this will be ranked as one of the BEST $1,000 you ever spent!
            Thanks! I'm very happy too. He even gave us an option to pay him on an installment basis if we need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              I'm so glad you found a good lawyer!! It sounds like you are taking the right steps in this process! Good luck to you and your husband!
              Thank you! Right now, it may sound weird but I'm trying to use up all the money we have in our checking account and just be ready to live without cc.

Comment

Originally posted by broke729 View Post
                Wait, what is that Google Voice thing? How am I gonna need that for stopping cc payments? Forgive me for my mind is becoming outdated because of this bk thing.
                GV will save your sanity. Within 24 hours of your first missed payment your phone will start ringing. And within a few weeks it will drive you crazy.
                Get it now, go into all your accounts and change all your phone numbers. You will be grateful that did.
                For more details on how to play around with it (just get it first and change your numbers) you can do a quick search here on the forum.

Once you file you won't need it, but before then, it will come in very handy.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                  GV will save your sanity.
                  Google will steal your soul, along with everything on your hard drive; as well as your individuality and identity and maybe your first born. Someday. Guaranteed. You heard it here first.

In the meantime, Google Voice will keep your home a peaceful place.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X