Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Well, we met with another lawyer this past Monday and things went well. Even though we are over median, he says we do qualify for a Chapter 7. He took the time to run the means test and we are in the negative by a few hundred dollars. I asked him about what the lawyer said that it was only based on income and that we would automatically be in a Chapter 13. He said if that was the case, then you wouldn't be allowed to deduct the expenses in it. Since we don't have any dmi, then we couldn't make a payment into a Chapter 13 plan. He did advise for us to wait to file for a couple of months so some of hubby's overtime from the winter falls off the six month look back. It is not a normal thing for his company but we needed the money.

We have one more consult on Monday. I have everything ready to go for this one too. I tell you it's nice to know that there are lawyers out there that take the time to answer your questions and truly assess your situation. He was kind of funny too which helped things too. I told him about the one creditor I was worried about of my husband's possibly filing a law suit. He said he loves to give this guy a hard time since they are so mean to their customers. We'll see how things go on Monday.

I was so worried about telling my mom but she has been so supportive since I've told her. She asked me if I tried to work with my creditors. I said yes on many occasions. Their way of helping us out through a difficult time was by raising our interest rates or minimum payments. She said it isn't going to get any better so do what you need to do.

Anyway, I've had two phone calls for job interviews this week after looking for a year. They are both part-time but that is fine with me. I will make less than what I get on unemployment if either pans out. I'm just happy about the interviews next week.

Yay for you guys, Tater! You sound SO MUCH HAPPIER in this post!!! Yay! I hope everything goes swimmingly for you guys!!

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I hope you feel some relief after filing! It sounds like you have a good attorney! We just filed in March and had our 341 a couple weeks ago. We can go through this together!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X