Not sure what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to do...

Hi. So we were all ready to do a chapter 13 the end of this month. Now my husband will lose his job with the current company. He has been offered a new job at about 3700 less a year with the new company. Here are my questions.

- if he doesn't take it how long would we need to wait to do a 7?

- if he takes new job I'm thinking we would need to wait a few months before filing for wages to go down. And pray we don't garnished in the meantime. I'm assuming a drop in income of 325 a month is significant.

Thoughts?

Turning down the new job runs the risk of not being able to find a job once he's ready to start the job hunt. Just something you have to consider.

What are your reasons for the 13? Is it just because you have DMI at your present income, or are you trying to catch up on a delinquent mortgage, strip a lien, or something similar? How much of a plan payment were you expecting under current conditions?

$3700 in a year is about $308 gross per month. Your net difference would depend on withholdings and such. Talk to your attorney to figure out if its still a good idea to enter a plan at a reduced income, though you may want to wait til he has a new paycheck or two so you can base your plan on actual #s.
    ~Staci
    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Doing a 13 due to dmi available. For obvious reasons I would rather do a 7. I've got a message in to our attorney.

Comment

As to the garnishment question-have you been sued and lost?
        If not, nobody can garnish until they have a judgment and court order allowing them to garnish.

Comment

Yes. We have a number judgements against us.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X