New Car Offers Pre-Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car Offers Pre-Discharge

I filed Chapter 7 and am awaiting discharge early June. I keep getting these car offers in the mail and they all say I should purchase a new car "before" discharge. I will be needing another car, but was planning on getting it in January when I am going to have an increase in household income. What is the advantage of getting a car "pre-discharge" vs "post-discharge"? Is it just a ploy to get me to buy a car now???

Just curious if it is a valid concern or just another bottom feeder trying to get me in debt again.

DM

I haven't filed yet but I would be leery of any credit offer you receive pre-discharge or even post-discharge for awhile. I've read where the interest rates can be sky high. If you can wait, you might be better off.

Comment

If you can wait, do so. We had to purchase a vehicle pre-discharge (stay lifted for one vehicle) and then a second vehicle post-discharge. 6% interest difference between the two and only 2 months between purchases.

Comment

We got a ton of offers predischarge and after discharge. We are not in the market but from what I hear the offers are ok for the most part, interest is a little high in most cases though. Know several people that have gone ahead and purchased but waited until after discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X