Google Voice questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Voice questions

When you set up Google Voice with your cell phone, does your phone actually ring? How do you know if you got a call--just by logging in online and checking? I would prefer it if my phone did not actually ring.

Should you leave your home address on your answering message, or should you just leave your full name and invite them to leave a message?

How often do you have to respond in order to keep them from calling family members or work?

Thanks!

I have my home phone forward ALL calls to GV. My cell is a dumbphone and just not capable. Anyone I actually wish to speak to knows to call my cell or e me, and if anything important comes thru on the house phone, I can read about in in my email.
    What I don't understand is that sometimes the house phone rings- very briefly- but more often, not at all (??)
    I look forward to other responses, in case anyone can explain why this is so.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I used to check GV each day for messages online when I got home from work. Then after a while I checked maybe once a week. Towards the end of the chp7 and waiting on discharge I do not think I checked even once because we were no longer getting calls and I had no GV message notice emails coming in. We had our home phone setup to forward everything to GV. I did not have my cell setup because it was a newer number and none of the creditors had it.

I clearly identified ourselves and our address on the GV outgoing message so that they knew they had the correct number and people. We never had creditors call anyone else or anywhere else so it worked great for us. My husband even commented that he never knew filing bankruptcy could be so quiet!

Comment

Originally posted by syd74 View Post
        Should you leave your home address on your answering message, or should you just leave your full name and invite them to leave a message?

How often do you have to respond in order to keep them from calling family members or work?
        Make it clear in your message that you are who you are. Leave it at that. Should they start calling other folks to try to reach you, you can answer their call or call them and ask them to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by syd74 View Post
          When you set up Google Voice with your cell phone, does your phone actually ring? How do you know if you got a call--just by logging in online and checking? I would prefer it if my phone did not actually ring.

Thanks!
          I have my GV fowarded to my home phone... but here is a tip, if you go to advance settings, you can choice what hours it will ring. I have rining turned off from 115am - midnight I havent started getting collection calls.... yet but Its coming.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X