top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update. Attorney selected and filing soon - have questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update. Attorney selected and filing soon - have questions.

I'm so excited, I didn't think I would be able to file until August or September, but all tests were passed and I'm going tomorrow to pay the attorney and than he will file 1st of July. I suspect I'll found out the 341 meeting date soon after the filing?

Anyway, I have been unemployed since January, got a new car repossessed and among other unsecured debts going away...

I had a decent job before all of this and am scared as hell in how I'll be able to find another job of the same caliber. I was in charge of purchasing for a large organization. I've read horror stories about credit checks and background checks when applying to jobs. Ugh.

On a positive note, I feel a lot better, I know it hasn't physically been filed yet, but it feels good!

Hi,

I am in Indiana too and we just filed today!

We are in Southern district and our attorney will find out Thursday when our 341 is and then we will receive a letter about that.

Good luck!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
      Hi,

I am in Indiana too and we just filed today!

We are in Southern district and our attorney will find out Thursday when our 341 is and then we will receive a letter about that.

Good luck!

Lynn
      Nice! Congrats Lynn. I'll be in the Northern District. I'm just a few days behind you!

Comment

Originally posted by duraflame View Post
        I had a decent job before all of this and am scared as hell in how I'll be able to find another job of the same caliber. I was in charge of purchasing for a large organization. I've read horror stories about credit checks and background checks when applying to jobs. Ugh.
        If you are applying for a position that is trusted with money, I would expect to get a thorough background check including a credit check. That said, a BK does not necessarily disqualify you from a position. Some companies will dismiss you out of hand as part of their general practices. Others may want to hear your story before making a decision. Some folks - like me - would rather have an honest person with little or no reason to steal to help make ends meet.

This I can guarantee - if you are asked on the application or in person about BK, shading the truth will result in immediate disqualification.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X