top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing in Washington State--Community property...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing in Washington State--Community property...

My husband and I are in washington state. We filed Ch 7 under just hime this past week. We have been married for ten years and all debts were incured together. Lawyer said this is the best way to go as if anything comes up in the future, i can then file again. I am curious to see how this all plays out. We have a mortgage that we are underwater on, and are surrendering. The mortgage is in my name. Bank has not started foreclosure process and we are 15 payments behind. My mortgage is thru Bank Of America, and when initially interviewing attorneys, once i told them that they all were like "oh". Bank of America takes forever to foreclose. Honestly thats fine by me. I want to stay and save money. Keep you posted

Originally posted by alikeith View Post
    My husband and I are in washington state. We filed Ch 7 under just hime this past week. We have been married for ten years and all debts were incured together. Lawyer said this is the best way to go as if anything comes up in the future, i can then file again. I am curious to see how this all plays out. We have a mortgage that we are underwater on, and are surrendering. The mortgage is in my name. Bank has not started foreclosure process and we are 15 payments behind. My mortgage is thru Bank Of America, and when initially interviewing attorneys, once i told them that they all were like "oh". Bank of America takes forever to foreclose. Honestly thats fine by me. I want to stay and save money. Keep you posted
    Hi alikeith! Welcome to the forum.

Did you file in the Western Washington or Eastern Washington bankruptcy court??
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Hi-
      Somehow i got my own thread. It thought i was responding the the communty property thread, sticky??

I am in Western Wa. Just filed on the 6th. 341 is the 9th of Aug.

Comment

Yes, I moved your post and the answer out of that older thread, where it was buried, into a thread of its own so that it can be more easily seen and responded to. Welcome to the forum.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Ah ok thanks!
          I just cant wait for the discharge to be over, I am curious to see how my credit score changes. My debts will be wiped out yet i wont show the bankruptcy filing or a foreclosure since the mortgage is discharged. At least thats my understanding. With all my late payments, my scores range from 521-555. Only have two credit cards, few collection accounts, car payment and mortgage payment. Since my mortgage payment history will get wiped out, will the scores most likely raise? Right now it has numerous late payments showing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X